Garden Terrace Blocks
- Nominal stone widths from 12" to 18" are standard. Other sizes can be quoted on request. When used as solid step treads, no less than 14" is recommended.
- Lengths of 3', 4', and 5' are standard.
- Full range of color includes light to dark ranges of buff or grey and mixture of both colors in one piece. No color selection possible.
- Finish-top, bottom and two ends are sawed. Face edge is always "snapped" and the back edge may be sawed or snapped.
- Weight is 82 pounds per square foot.
- Special Note: Buff stone is not recommended for exterior tread use as it normally has only half of the crushing strength and twice the water absorption of hard gray stone.
In order to compliment its Rockfaced Treads and Flagstone products, Elliott Stone offers a Garden Terrace Block. This product can be used for retaining walls, garden terrace steps, or as landscaping stones. Made from "America's Building Stone," Garden Terrace Blocks add a timeless style that other products cannot. Terrace Blocks are produced with a rough or spit face with a smooth top and bottom. Cutting to standard lengths provide the steps with a uniform size that simplifies installation. Elliott Garden Terrace Blocks are produced with the full range of color and texture from the quarry, which enhances their natural beauty. Stone edges and texture are not perfect as these stones are a byproduct of standard production, however it is the imperfections in the stone that make it attractive and timeless.
Elliott Stone Company is a member of the Indiana Limestone Institute of America. Setting Specifications must be in accordance with the recommendations of the Indiana Limestone Institute Handbook.
The Institute can be reached at:
Suite 400 Stone City Bank Building
Bedford, IN 47421
ELLIOTT STONE CO. EUREKA QUARRY STONE
These tests were taken from random samples from the Eureka Gray and Buff Quarries of Elliott Stone Company, Inc. Tests done on other samples from the same quarry may produce different results. These test results should only be used as a reference.